Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back from Wisconsin, Temporarily...

The boys and I got back from my parents last night. (Brian came back earlier for work). My Dad is really not doing well. His cancer is terminal, and he doesn't seem to be able to tolerate chemo because of the tumors on his liver. (The liver takes toxins out of the body and it didn't process the chemo last time, therefore almost killing him). My brother is close-by, which is a blessing, but there is so much to do for him and my mom.
So, it was hard to leave, but for the next month anyway, we are sending the kids to Manhattan Academy (where Joseph was already going) while Brian works, and I'm headed back to Wisconsin on Friday. It's the best thing we can do for all of us for now.
I appreciate all the notes of support from friends on Facebook, in email, and the many phone calls. Not to mention the visits of wonderful, caring relatives! Please keep praying for my dad and my family - it's all in God's hands.
Next time I'll try to post some pictures of the kids...

1 comment:

emma said...

totally off topic b/c I'm good at that - it's funny that JoJo gets to go to the west coast to get a school with an east coast name :)