Friday, October 24, 2008

More than a week! ack, update...

Sorry I haven't updated... don't know what's wrong with me.. well, could be that I'm trying at a snails pace to get this place in better order...

Anyway, we finally did the beach thing last weekend with swimsuits and sand toys and all.  I was worried about the coldness of the water - it was only low 70s.  Joseph said "Don't worry Mom, you'll get used to it!"  Ha, he's becoming Californian..  It felt like the Brita water from the fridge, but the boys still got in up to their waist, occasionally falling down and getting the upper half wet.  Good times were had by all...
No pictures because I was afraid to bring my camera - don't want to break another one.  Brian said - "but that's why we got the cheap one!"  maybe next time.

Sunday we signed them up for Karate - check this out...  then went to Aunt Shirley's and had fun with her, Aunt Kristen, Becca (12) and Laina (15)....

Tuesday Brian took the boys to Disney by himself (a day off work after a busy week - dinner meetings- last week).  He is BRAVE!  Haha, apparently they had a ball- they were gone 12 hours!  I putzed around here mostly, reading and working, and enjoying quiet time.

Today we have someone coming to fix the ice maker- weird that I have missed ice!  Also, a Halloween party with one of the kids from school tomorrow.  Hope everyone out there has a good TGIF!

3 comments:

Keith Matejka said...

Karate Kids looks cool. I almost did Karate when I was young. I should have.

Is there a "Karate for people in their 30's who are overwight and kinda lazy"?

BAH!

Carrie Braun Stark said...

Ha Ha Ha Keith! I'm afriad to put Brian in karate, I should probably put Alli in karate so she can defend herself. Brian does start soccer again next month, so that is good since we can't do as much outdoors as it gets cooler.

What are the boys going to be for Halloween? Brian is going to be a cowboy and Alli is going to be tinkerbell. We tried her outfit on last night and it was so cute. We have a trunk or treat event at our church this weekend-they're lucky they get double trick or treating.

Laura Witten said...

There are many studios that will teach you Karate, Keith - it's not too late! (I'm thinking about it for myself....)
I've already started saying "punching is ONLY for karate class!" but that would be true with our without the class...

Joseph is a superhero (Batman, he doesn't know him, just likes the cape).. Anthony is a Fire Fighter - he doesn't say it right, it's very cute... haven't done the trunk or treat thing yet - is it fun?