Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dentist success!

Joseph got his tooth filled and it was a great experience!  I couldn't believe it.  I wimped out didn't tell him he was getting a cavity filled.  "Show me the dentist where Daddy took you."  He was excited to go show me the fish tank, video games, and toys in the lobby.  He showed me the toy display where he gets to pick a toy at the end (telling the ladies there that he got "bones" last time - a stretchy skeleton).  The hygienist let him pick a scented "nose cover" - purple/grape.  She connected it to the funny air (laughing gas) and showed him how to put it on.  They had TV on the ceiling and he relaxed and was very chilled out for x-rays and the filling - it was small enough and he was relaxed enough that they didn't need to use a local.  They both got toys and we went to a sports bar for lunch!

I only wish I could get my fillings done there.  I'm having 1/2 of them done tomorrow while the kids are at preschool.  Hmm, my dentist must be good to be able to do half of 5!  haha, just 2 I think.

Anthony's newest thing is falling asleep in the car before nap, then playing in the Pack N Play for 1-2 hours before going down for nap.  Weird, huh?  Hmm..  doing this for a week, I just we just get used to it for now.


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm glad the dentist was a good experience for Joseph. Erika had a similar experience, loved getting her cavity filled and looks forward to checkups. Where were these pediatric dentist offices when we were kids? They have it made these days with these places.

Unknown said...

Dentist at Hermosa Beach are experienced in this field. You can also consult with them for the treatment of any kind of teeth problem.

Dentist redondo beach