Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good News from CA

We ratified a contract today on the VA house, so here we go - they have 2 weeks for home inspection and radon testing. Closing is set for Aug 28. The boys and I made to to California and we are with Brian, Aunt Shirley and family, including Grandma and Grandaddy! We have been here only abut 12 hours, but we have already been swimming and stuff!

Since we have the family and Brian is off work, we will go to Disney on Monday and house hunting Tues. Ack! Things are moving fast and I'm tired already.

I did lose my cellphone at my dad's before I left, so I'm very hand-free. I'm still on email though and if you have Brian's number, feel free to call.

How are my friends and family?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

Glad to hear you made out to CA ok. Your parents stopped by my house on Saturday to offer some decorating help...it was great and now I'm anxious to start. We had a very nice time Friday evening with your parents and the Diehl family. Paul grilled some brats and burgers, had some salads and etc. Saturday evening my brother took Brian to Lafayette Park, as once a month they show a movie outdoors and this month it was The Wizard of Oz. Believe it or not, Brian actually really likes that movie. The man who played the "tin man" was there...he's actually from St. Louis. It was a late night, but fun for them and some peace and quiet in my house. Mike and Brian left for Atlanta early this morning. So, it looks like it will just be Allie and I for the next several days. More peace and quiet...although I'm sure Allison is going to miss her playmate.

I'm hoping for all the best for you guys!

Kathie said...

That's great news! I hope it all goes well for you!
I actually go Back to School NEXT WEEK for teacher mtgs and the following week (Aug. 11th!) we start with kids. It's too early!! We're still in SUMMER!!!

Keith Matejka said...

Good luck with the house hunting. California is a tough market, but you'll find something cool, I'm sure. We miss you already and you just got here! Keep us posted. Next time I'm at Mom and Dad's, I'll keep any eye out for your cell.