Monday, July 7, 2008

Starting a new week...

The weekend was great - having Daddy here, my parents are great with the kids, also seeing my brother and his wife, Keith and Claire, and even cousins from the St. Louis area. Lots of people and lots of fun. I was a little apprehensive and slightly sad when everyone was gone today - back at work and back to St. Louis and California. The boys and I went to downtown Milwaukee to a Childrens' Museum, but only after setting off my parents alarm (my fault, not the kids!). The police here in Brookfield, WI are very nice. :) We had a good (albeit exhausting) day. We are missing friends and playgroups. I'm just planning it day by day, but wishing I had our regular routine with preschool, playgroups and playdates. I found a couple of good websites for local moms and things to do around town, so that should keep us going.
Sorry I can't find my camera at the moment. You know I'll post more pics once I find it again. :) Let me know how your day/week is going by emailing me or commenting here! Thanks!

3 comments:

Keith Matejka said...

Good to see you, sis. You and the boys are always welcome in Mad Town.

Carrie Braun Stark said...

Hi Laura, Thanks for keeping me in the loop. It was great to see all of you and take a break for the holiday weekend. Like you said, it was fun, but exhausting. Our drive back to St. Louis was sort of trying, we encountered bad traffic around Rockford, Brian was acting up for a good hour or so of the trip, and by time we stopped a couple of times with the kids, it was after 10pm until we got home. Keep your head up-I think you have the right attitude, one day at a time. When you look back on this experience 20 years from now, it will be a very brief moment in time, and one that you're whole family will cherish as you're now able to spend quality time together. You're in my thoughts and prayers. BTW-Last night my neighbor thought she was in labor, so I was at their house until 3am. No baby, yet!

April Brabant said...

Your blog is great! I love hearing all your stories about life in WI. The girls and I are finally recovered from all our traveling - San Fran and Seattle. I survived traveling alone with them from Seattle to DC. I loved going to the airplane bathroom with the girls! Now, I'm ready to go on another trip, ha ha ha.