Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Play Gallery




Someday!
Look at the website
My mom found this new place out here last winter- it was what I had hoped "At Play Cafe" would be and wasn't. It has a full outdoor play ship inside with plank walk-up and slide down, wooden steering wheels and rope swings. They have dress up clothes including hats and puppets and a stage. An art area with all the appropriate stuff. There is a "tree house" with dolls and a tea set. A sand box with magic sand and letter forms. A book corner and a soft play area for kids 0-3. There are 2 train tables, 2 shopping carts with a wooden fruit stand and a kitchen decked out with Melissa and Doug food. There is a construction area with building supplies - tubes, legos, pullies, blocks.. There are 2 family restrooms, a kitchen/gathering room, and benches and magazines for the parents. It's missing the coffee and danishes, but you can eat in the lobby at 2 tables with surrounding benches. I paid $20 to spend 3 hours there with my kids (it was a daypass, but we had to go home for nap). It was well worth it, and would be about 1x per month. They have drop-off services, but you have to buy a pass of min. 12 hours (to be punched hour by hour, I think.)
Someday I want to start one of these, it's such a great idea.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nice job on the blog, Laura! I am impressed. Did you absorb HTML from Brian after all these years? :-) I am excited that I can regularly show recent pictures of Joseph and Anthony to Wesley.
This play place looks like it rocks. Maybe you can meet some cool moms there! Not as cool as me, obviously, but cool none the less. XO

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, Sis. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!

Linda said...

Love the blog, Laura.